Friday, October 10, 2008

GM Retirees To Lose Company Health Care Coverage

GM will cease to provide health care coverage for more than 100,000 retirees and their dependents, on the first day of next year. Instead, the company will add $300 to their monthly pension check, to allow them to purchase insurance. That's outrageous! If I were a retiree I would form a team and go on strike (or a mild mannered rampage), for I know that I'm not the only who feels that this is unfair. And while they are offering an alternate solution, I would still deny that plan because good and cheap health care is hard to come by and being a retiree, I don't have a lot of time on my hands to be searching around for a new health care provider. GM would either have to continue to cover me (and my peoples) fully or increase that (our) small sum of extra money to about a grand (or half a grand to be nice to the lapsing corporation), or face the wrath of the retiree rebellion!

No comments: